Skip to main content

Post Partum Massage

Post partum massage (PPM) is one of the key essentials that I included in my post delivery self-care. I don't know how well it really worked out for me previously, but I do cherish and appreciate that hour of "me-time" during the massage.  As with most of the massage ladies (ML), the service is usually home based and ranges between $60-$80 per hour.  Most of the packages include the body massage as well as a waist binding service.  Some also offer a steaming service that is said to aide water retention removal. 

As with my previous experience, I don't do well with the binder because the binding is so tight (intentional, to try to reduce that stomach size) that it cuts off a lot of circulation, making my skin super itchy and my sleep was so disrupted because I was waking up often to scratch the itch, and in the process, even broke the skin at several spots.  After 2 days of binding and suffering, I gave up and refuse to bind  further, and the ML would have it easy.

I tried 3 MLs so far and two of them were good; came recommended via other mommy friends.  The third, I found on Singapore motherhood forum as I was in a rush but I found her not as good as she seemed to like cutting corners here and  there and just generally the impression of being lazy.  And she's the most expensive too and demands upfront payment whereas the practices of the other 2 were to finish the service first then make the payment on the last day.

Let me know if you need their contacts :)


Popular posts from this blog

Towards Weaning.

Since my last post, I have tried to implement a few changes to make things better.  For one, I have decided to stop feeling so stressed about pumping enough milk for A.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, after 9 months of pumping without mastitis (blocked ducts yes, mastitis no), I suffered not 1 but 2 episodes of mastitis over 2 consecutive weeks, right boob then left. The supply tanked after the first episode and I decided to take the opportunity to slow things down and gradually wean.  Even though the mental determination was there, it was still affecting me psychologically. I mean, after going through the first few months of suffering through the 3-hourly pumping schedule and building up a decent supply, and then reaching a nice maintenance mode where pumping became easier and a way of life for me, it was hard to let go.

Nonetheless, after the second round, and the supply continued to tank, I thought enough is enough.  Final straw was when the Spectra …

The Wedding Gowns

The Man and I tied the knot on 1.3.14, a popular date because of the homonym when read in Chinese: 一生一世, which literally means, a lifetime, if I am not wrong. Anyway, just for the record, we didn't select the date because of that reason, but on hindsight, it made a very nice coincidence and we won't easily forget our wedding anniversary I suppose. When we got engaged, we went researching for the wedding banquet venue right away (more on that later), and then followed by the wedding gown.  After consulting a few recent brides,  unsolicited input from others, and research on bridal forums, I decided I would like to go ala carte. I also eliminated the Tanjong Pagar bridal studios because I admit I am biased and my mind conjures up an imagery of a typical Tanjong Pagar bride that is wearing a tiara, white gloves, a big poofy ballgown and lots of bling.  I shudder uncontrollably at that thought before and even now that the wedding is over.
Eventually, I visited the following few and…

How do you juggle it all :( ?

I just feel that I don't have enough time - for the husband and  much less for myself!

During the workday, I make sure I try to go home on time so I could spend a couple of hours with A, and put him to bed. Then it's time to have my last pump at about 9pm before I just want to  zone out and crash.  The boy wakes up at least 3 times ever since his last leap when he learnt how to stand. Additionally, he fell really ill for the first time (i.e. antibiotics).  Prior to that, he cries 1-2 times but easily soothed with pacifier or with some milk. Because of these frequent interrupted sleep, the man and I took turns to fall ill as well, and it is difficult to recover. I still have the head colds and occasionally coughing spells.

On weekends, our schedule revolves around family events, and then I try to plan so that A can try to get a nap or 2 as well as to plan our routes throughout the day so I would end up somewhere comfortable to pump when I needed to.  Often the nap part fails,…