Skip to main content

Weekend #30

Last Friday was an unusually busy day at the Loop. I was pretty glad I had no plans so I could take a breather for myself and get ready for the party that would start on Saturday instead.

I woke up at 6:30am the next day (I suspect it was a case of nerves as I was expecting a part time helper for the first time that morning. I'm funny like that :/). Needless to say, I was feeling tired right about lunchtime and had to drag myself out to catch up with the girls. It had been too long!

As usual, it was three orders of mazechirashi without tako and ika, from the lunch menu at Aoki. Yummers.

Stumbled back home to take a nap, which was unusual of me, as I was really quite knackered by 3pm. Add to that, I was given a heads-up for a rather long night with J, a colleague that became a friend, who had been based in Germany for the past three years.

I loved how we got all dressed up; it somewhat made the occasion a little more special (:

We started at Bar Stories; pretty good cocktails again, then we popped by Ann Siang and decided to make a pitstop at The Screening Room. On that note, it was totally overcrowded and the cocktails weren't particularly good. Stick with beer.

It was almost 1am when we went over to Duxton Hill. Boo! Most of the decent bars were closed/closing. Sigh, on hindsight we should have started from there. So we were left "dry" (pun intended :)) at Duxton.

Lost for an alternative venue, we decided to visit the New Asia Bar for old times' sake. It wasn't too crowded and we scored free entries purely by luck. Cheap thrill.

By then, I was hungry again and luckily the bartender obliged our multiple requests for refills of their very addictive spiced tapioca chips. A couple of wines later, I was totally ready to fall asleep and there ended our girlie night of catch up and bar hopping.

Sunday was kept deliberately simple, preferring to spend some time with the family, alone and church.

On the "alone" note, the shiro taiyaki is available again at Isetan. If you like mochi and carbs, this is totally the bomb. Yet it looks deceivingly healthy and light. Ah, the wonders of Japanese food associations.

Hope your weekend was good too!


imp said…
Dear M, that's 3 more drinks than I normally would have, and 3 more venues than where I usually hop. You're officially the happening chic alchie.
M. eats said…
Dear imp, I'm sure you could tell this is more an exception than norm. After all, I cannot not oblige my dear friend who wants to catch up with the scenes. Heehee. I am totally looking forward to our champagne session ;P

Popular posts from this blog

Towards Weaning.

Since my last post, I have tried to implement a few changes to make things better.  For one, I have decided to stop feeling so stressed about pumping enough milk for A.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, after 9 months of pumping without mastitis (blocked ducts yes, mastitis no), I suffered not 1 but 2 episodes of mastitis over 2 consecutive weeks, right boob then left. The supply tanked after the first episode and I decided to take the opportunity to slow things down and gradually wean.  Even though the mental determination was there, it was still affecting me psychologically. I mean, after going through the first few months of suffering through the 3-hourly pumping schedule and building up a decent supply, and then reaching a nice maintenance mode where pumping became easier and a way of life for me, it was hard to let go.

Nonetheless, after the second round, and the supply continued to tank, I thought enough is enough.  Final straw was when the Spectra …

The Wedding Gowns

The Man and I tied the knot on 1.3.14, a popular date because of the homonym when read in Chinese: 一生一世, which literally means, a lifetime, if I am not wrong. Anyway, just for the record, we didn't select the date because of that reason, but on hindsight, it made a very nice coincidence and we won't easily forget our wedding anniversary I suppose. When we got engaged, we went researching for the wedding banquet venue right away (more on that later), and then followed by the wedding gown.  After consulting a few recent brides,  unsolicited input from others, and research on bridal forums, I decided I would like to go ala carte. I also eliminated the Tanjong Pagar bridal studios because I admit I am biased and my mind conjures up an imagery of a typical Tanjong Pagar bride that is wearing a tiara, white gloves, a big poofy ballgown and lots of bling.  I shudder uncontrollably at that thought before and even now that the wedding is over.
Eventually, I visited the following few and…

How do you juggle it all :( ?

I just feel that I don't have enough time - for the husband and  much less for myself!

During the workday, I make sure I try to go home on time so I could spend a couple of hours with A, and put him to bed. Then it's time to have my last pump at about 9pm before I just want to  zone out and crash.  The boy wakes up at least 3 times ever since his last leap when he learnt how to stand. Additionally, he fell really ill for the first time (i.e. antibiotics).  Prior to that, he cries 1-2 times but easily soothed with pacifier or with some milk. Because of these frequent interrupted sleep, the man and I took turns to fall ill as well, and it is difficult to recover. I still have the head colds and occasionally coughing spells.

On weekends, our schedule revolves around family events, and then I try to plan so that A can try to get a nap or 2 as well as to plan our routes throughout the day so I would end up somewhere comfortable to pump when I needed to.  Often the nap part fails,…