Skip to main content

Pasta Brava

It was a well overdue re-visit to Pasta Brava and I had almost forgotten how cosy and homely the restaurant was. The ever friendly Italian owner was amazingly still serving the customers personally and never failed to extend high-strung welcome greetings in a sexy Italian accent.

The menu hasn't changed since the beginning days and while none of the appetizers screamed out loud, we got one to start. The grilled vegetables ($17) somewhat looked like a tired performer, all very routine and expectedly, the taste was just really ordinary.

I had a craving for pasta, squid ink pasta. Pasta Brava's version was spaghetti cooked with seafood and squid ink ($23). Hmm, I haven't had this dish since Zanotti @Bangkok and I was really looking forward to reliving that fresh briney taste of the sea.

Alas, Pasta Brava's fell slightly short in that it was borderline dry and the seafood was not exceptionally fresh. Still, it was savoury enough and the serving was momma-style, huge. But that two points alone won't see me closing one eye to wearing the silly green bib that the waiter thoughtfully put around my neck to keep my clothes clean.

Lesson learnt though, I'd stay with their homemade pastas next time.

Hmm, I need to find me a good black ink pasta.

Pasta Brava

11 Craig Road
Tel: 6227 7550
Mon-Sat: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6.30pm - 10.30pm

(Closed on Sun & PH)


MamaBoK said…
The squid ink pasta is interesting.. i'll have to try it sometime.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Towards Weaning.

Since my last post, I have tried to implement a few changes to make things better.  For one, I have decided to stop feeling so stressed about pumping enough milk for A.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, after 9 months of pumping without mastitis (blocked ducts yes, mastitis no), I suffered not 1 but 2 episodes of mastitis over 2 consecutive weeks, right boob then left. The supply tanked after the first episode and I decided to take the opportunity to slow things down and gradually wean.  Even though the mental determination was there, it was still affecting me psychologically. I mean, after going through the first few months of suffering through the 3-hourly pumping schedule and building up a decent supply, and then reaching a nice maintenance mode where pumping became easier and a way of life for me, it was hard to let go.

Nonetheless, after the second round, and the supply continued to tank, I thought enough is enough.  Final straw was when the Spectra …

The Wedding Gowns

The Man and I tied the knot on 1.3.14, a popular date because of the homonym when read in Chinese: 一生一世, which literally means, a lifetime, if I am not wrong. Anyway, just for the record, we didn't select the date because of that reason, but on hindsight, it made a very nice coincidence and we won't easily forget our wedding anniversary I suppose. When we got engaged, we went researching for the wedding banquet venue right away (more on that later), and then followed by the wedding gown.  After consulting a few recent brides,  unsolicited input from others, and research on bridal forums, I decided I would like to go ala carte. I also eliminated the Tanjong Pagar bridal studios because I admit I am biased and my mind conjures up an imagery of a typical Tanjong Pagar bride that is wearing a tiara, white gloves, a big poofy ballgown and lots of bling.  I shudder uncontrollably at that thought before and even now that the wedding is over.
Eventually, I visited the following few and…

How do you juggle it all :( ?

I just feel that I don't have enough time - for the husband and  much less for myself!

During the workday, I make sure I try to go home on time so I could spend a couple of hours with A, and put him to bed. Then it's time to have my last pump at about 9pm before I just want to  zone out and crash.  The boy wakes up at least 3 times ever since his last leap when he learnt how to stand. Additionally, he fell really ill for the first time (i.e. antibiotics).  Prior to that, he cries 1-2 times but easily soothed with pacifier or with some milk. Because of these frequent interrupted sleep, the man and I took turns to fall ill as well, and it is difficult to recover. I still have the head colds and occasionally coughing spells.

On weekends, our schedule revolves around family events, and then I try to plan so that A can try to get a nap or 2 as well as to plan our routes throughout the day so I would end up somewhere comfortable to pump when I needed to.  Often the nap part fails,…